This round is designed to give shooters a realistic hunting shot with realistic outcomes. We will be shooting a course with difficult shots at ranges within the normal distances for bow hunting.
The course consists of 14 ABA paper targets:
- 3 Rabbits
- 2 Cats
- 2 Foxes
- 3 Pigs
- 3 Goats
- 1 Deer
The targets will be set between 5 and 40m.
Archers will enter 1 of the following 4 divisions,
- Traditional – Use of recurve or longbows with no range finders.
- Compound – Sighted or unsighted compound bows with no range finders.
- Modern Hunter – Any bow style legal in WA with the aid of a rangefinder.
- Junior – Junior (13 and under) shooters at half range.
All shoot groups will have a copy of the animal anatomies showing the vital organs. These will be used by the group to score the shots.
- Clean Kill – Lung, Heart or rabbit head shot = 2 points.
- Kill – Liver, kidney, spine or a major artery = 1 point.
- Miss – 0 points (Modern Hunter Division = -2)
- Wound – Any hit not listed above = – 2 points, (Modern Hunter Division = -4)
The negative points are due to a poor shot on an animal that would not kill and cause the animal to suffer and potentially bring bowhunting into disrepute. As hunters we should always try for a clean kill. Junior Shooters will not incur penalties, just an education on why the shot is not desired!
Just like a standard ABA shoot the cost of this shoot is $5 per person.